The Best Ways to Advertise Your Website as A Startup on A Fixed Budget
Written By Otis Aliemeke
Nowadays, just anybody can setup a stellar site. The fun fact is: there’re 1 billion and above websites in the world, with new ones being launched almost every second.
Irrespective of all the online noises, your unique ideas and website needs to stand out from the crowd. And it simple entail that you’ll have to advertise, in a bid to get your brand and name reach out to many, and drawing more website visitors.
And what if you’re a starter and on a fixed budget?
Lucky you: As a starter, you can effectively promote your website cheap. Below are some free and cheap ways of advertising your website.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimized) Keywords
When you’re out trying to get answers to questions or solutions to problems, Google will probably be your first destination. Google’s searches provide powerful traffic to websites — that’s if your cards are well played. When potential clients search for stuffs on Google, it is often normal for then to not exceed the first two or three search result pages.
So, you’ll have to use keyword searches which are in one way or the other, related to your site in order to appear at the top. That’s basically where the SEO (search engine optimization) comes in.
SEO is the art/science of enhancing your overall website visibility search engine results. This can be done by carefully filling your web pages with key words/phrases likely to be searched for. SEO process is quite basic but at the same time, it is very vital in driving traffic to your site, without which, your site could get lost among the thousands of voices clamoring for your visitors’ attention. Moreover, you can enhance your site’s rankings by editing and creating content to particularly include key search words/phrases and increasing your site’s backlinks.
Better still, you can optimize by using ‘Google AdWords keyword planner’ to look for awesome keywords particularly related to your site, and get accurate statistics on how they’re often searched in your prospective markets. Make sure to use this vital information to properly plan your web content to attract search engine traffic. Simply learn how to use this tool by Google, as you’ll stand a chance of finding a few more new keywords/phrases to power your web content up.
SEO optimization could be very cost effective, particularly if you decide to do the optimization work yourself, meaning you wouldn’t have to pay. Thus, being an ideal way for startups on fixed budgets to advertise their websites efficiently.
- Use PPC (Pay Per Click)The PPC (Pay-per-click) advertising is yet another way of using Google to your favor, notwithstanding those who take a bit of cash. Basically, instead of leaving your website’s search engine rankings to chance, you’ll create an ad and pay a fixed price for every click your ad gets when it shows up on a Google search or website. Your goal is to convert clicks into customers, hopefully seeing a strong return on investments. Google AdWords has no specific spending requirement, in effect, you can easily work within your budget and focus on your Return on Investment (ROI).
- E-mail Marketing Campaigns
E-mail marketing is a true and experimented means of communicating with your customers, and even seeking and keeping new ones. It basically involves collecting the e-mail addresses of your prospective customers and then sharing content via e-mail including discounts, newsletters, promotions, and other information, which is a major way of building business relationships. E-mail marketing can bring back past website visitors by basically sharing new web content or even promotions.
More so, you can integrate your original and relevant blog posts into your very own website. It’s always very important to include SEO-optimized keywords in your blog posts in a bid to build a following of loyal blog readers who’ll come back for more. Include photos, videos, graphics, and always encourage your readers to share posts they love. Moreover, once you must have mastered your blog, you can then look up to others in your market niche. Search out blogs that accept pitches from guest writers. Peruse their posts, take a look at their submission guidelines, and polish up a pitch to send over. If your pitch is accepted, make sure to include a link to your website in your bio to send traffic your way.
- Create Unique Infographics
Infographics are shareable and clickable, which are great sources of backlinks to your website, and they’re quite simple to create on websites. When designing infographics and incorporating them into your site, keep your entire audience in mind; make sure the graphics are accessible to all users.
- Join Free Startup PlatformsJoin startup platforms to collect leads and engage your target audience in a more cost effective way. In today’s digital world there are many resources to increase your reach and expose your brand to new audiences even for free. As a startup achieving your marketing goals can be overwhelming but free social media channels like Reddit, facebook, instalgram, linkedin, whatsapp and many others, you can engage prospective and existing fans with promotions and polls without breaking your banks.
- Drive Local Business TrafficDrive local foot traffic by offering free giveaways using printable redeemable vouchers and sending a promotional offer on your audience Cellphone. Free giveaways and coupons are great way to attract new and existing customers.